Penn’s own Mike Kaplan will provide the neuroscience, brilliant jazz guitarist Pat Martino and others the music… According to Mike, Martino had “an impressive career in the sixties and seventies, almost died in 1980 when a hemorrhage necessitated the removal of most of his left temporal lobe. He went on to an amazing and almost complete recovery… [he is now] one of the greatest living practitioners of the fine art of jazz improvisation.” http://www.philarealbook.org/lineup/
Recent CNS News/Events
- PIK Professor Michael Platt joins CNS
- 2017 SCAN Retreat Recap
- The eloquent Jason Karlawish on Alzheimer’s and aging
- Two new SCAN electives will be offered Spring 2017
- Neuroscience and music this Saturday, Dec 3
- New Associate Director for Education at CNS
- NYT Op Ed on “DIY” Brain Stimulation
- Visit the CNS!
- Animal Research Neuroethics Workshop
- Announcing NeuWrite Philadelphia!
March 2 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Philadelphia PA United States
March 13 @ 8:00 am - March 19 @ 5:00 pm