Penn’s own Mike Kaplan will provide the neuroscience, brilliant jazz guitarist Pat Martino and others the music… According to Mike, Martino had “an impressive career in the sixties and seventies, almost died in 1980 when a hemorrhage necessitated the removal of most of his left temporal lobe. He went on to an amazing and almost complete recovery… [he is now] one of the greatest living practitioners of the fine art of jazz improvisation.” http://www.philarealbook.org/lineup/
Recent CNS News/Events
- Upcoming Event: Graduate Certificate in Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (SCAN) on-campus information session
- The Neuroscience of Socioeconomic Status
- NIH announces its latest call for neuroethics grant proposals
- CNS faculty team up to test brain training!
- CNS announces new fellowship opportunities for undergrads!
- CNS Undergraduate Fellows Program
- Predicting Mens Rea with fMRI
- PIK Professor Michael Platt joins CNS
- 2017 SCAN Retreat Recap
- The eloquent Jason Karlawish on Alzheimer’s and aging