- This event has passed.
NCH Mind and Brain Conference 2016: Call for Papers
December 15, 2015
New College of the Humanities (NCH) is pleased to announce that on March 25-26, 2016 we will host the NCH Mind and Brain Conference on the philosophy of psychology and cognitive science. Our keynote speakers are Professors Daniel Dennett and Nicholas Humphrey, who have both won the Mind and Brain Prize recognizing ‘outstanding achievement… in the field of cognitive science’. Our aim is to bring together researchers at all levels, and across disciplines, working in philosophy, psychology, and brain science.
We invite submission of papers from eligible researchers (see below) engaging any area of cognitive science on which our keynote speakers have worked. These include, but are not limited to:
- and Vision
- and Psychology
- of AI
- and/or Supernatural Belief
- Function of the Intellect
In addition to our keynote addresses, we aim to include presentations from researchers of four kinds:
- Established Researchers, i.e. researchers who completed their doctorate prior to January 1st 2011, are invited to submit papers (under 8000 words) suitable for presentation in an hour, with a further 45 minutes of discussion.
- Early Career Researchers, i.e. researchers who completed their doctorate on or after January 1st 2011, are invited to submit papers (under 6000 words) suitable for presentation in 45 minutes, with a further 45 minutes of discussion.
- Graduate Students are invited to submit papers (under 4000 words) suitable for presentation in 30 minutes, with a further 30 minutes of discussion.
- Undergraduate Students are invited to submit papers (under 2500 words), suitable for presentation in 15-20 minutes, with a further 10-15 minutes of discussion.
We particularly encourage submissions from women and members of minority ethnic groups. We will cover at least some of the costs of our student speakers, and aim to do the same for early career researchers.
Further information is available on the conference website: www.nchlondon.ac.uk/mindandbrain.
To submit a paper, please register via Easychair:
The deadline for submissions is December 15th, 2015.
Inquiries can be addressed to the conference organizers, Dr Brian Ball (Senior Lecturer in Philosophy, NCH), Mr Fintan Nagle (Lecturer in Psychology, NCH), and Dr Ioannis Votsis (Senior Lecturer in Philosophy, NCH) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organizers gratefully acknowledge the support of the Aristotelian Society.